Converting from BPI. Too many transactions when reconciling

Converting from BPI. Too many transactions when reconciling

Postby Customer Service » January 24th, 2012, 8:35 pm

There are too many transactions to reconcile when I convert my data from BPI to 21st Century. How do I use the Bank Rec in C21?

If you didn't use BPI Bank Reconciliation or if your BPI data was set up in certain ways, the data conversion may bring across a very large number of old bank transactions that show up as unreconciled for the bank account you select. For your first reconciliation, you may simply want to mark those old transactions as cleared. You can enter any Statement Opening Balance that is necessary to force the numbers to agree so that you can “Finish” (that is, “post”) the reconciliation.

Then, the next time you run Reconciliation, only current bank transactions will show up to be reconciled with your bank statement. For that reconciliation, you enter the correct Statement Opening Balance from the bank statement.

We recommend that you keep all general ledger bank accounts “pure” — so that the C21 general ledger bank accounts reflect only the transactions that actually pass through the accounts at your bank.

Press the Shift+F1 keys for window level Help for Reconciliation. Right-click at any field (even read-only fields you can't tab into) and select Help from the options menu for information about that field.
Customer Service
Site Admin

Return to Bank Accounts